Please email copies of all participants' current Oklahoma Liquor Licenses to email@example.com
Rules of Participation:
- Team’s must be made up of contestants that currently work together at the same bar
- Contestants are only allowed to compete in 1 of the 3 events. So you will need 3 participants unless you have a unique situation or emergency. (i.e. you only have 2 employees at your bar)
- All contestants must be present for the entire competition (It’s a team guys, c’mon!)
- Winners of the competition are expected to return the following month and defend their title, so be ready to compete again.
- You are not allowed to change your team if you are defending a title unless you have a unique situation or emergency. (i.e. someone is out of town or is hurt)
Rules for Ponyboy Bartender Smackdown
The speed round will be a head to head speed competition between 2 individual participants. Each participant will receive a list of cocktails that the judges will pick from randomly on the day of competition. Each participant will be informed the day of the competition which cocktails they are making in the round. Judges will randomly choose 4 cocktails and participants will make all of these cocktails simultaneously. This will be a timed competition, meaning the best time will win. Each cocktail will be judged on flavor, texture, aroma, and visual appeal and time will be added based on how well the cocktail has been executed or not executed. Best overall time wins the round.
Knife Fight Round:
The knife fight round will be a head to head single drink competition between 2 individual participants. Judges will pick 1 random ingredient at the start of the round and participants will be given 5 minutes to create a drink using both the random ingredient and the sponsor brand as a base spirit. Basic drink making ingredients will be provided i.e. simple syrup, lemon/lime juice, honey, agave, grenadine etc… and the back bar is fair game. Judges will decide the winner based on flavor, texture, aroma and visual appeal.
Daiq Off Round:
We want to see who makes the best daiquiri the fastest! With a few special rules of course. Details will be explained at the competition.
- Participants can only compete in 1 of the 3 rounds of competition.
- Participants are allowed to setup the well for each round however they like it.
- Participants will be provided a basic well setup which will include 5 base spirits (vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whiskey), common mixers (coke, sprite, cranberry, pineapple orange juice), lemon, lime, grapefruit juice, common sweeteners (1:1 simple, honey, agave, grenadine), and any additional ingredients needed to execute the drinks required (egg whites for sours, raspberry syrup for Clover Club etc…)
- Winners of each round will be announced once the entire competition is complete and the best 2 out of 3 will win.
- All teams must be made up of participants that work together at the same bar.
- Each Round will be judged by a panel of 3 judges made up of 1 working bar manager, 1 Brand Representative, and 1 Food/Drink Media writer.